Consult with Confidence & Your Client Data
The following outlines how we collect and protect your client data and both our responsibilities under GDPR.
Personal data collected
The personal data that we collect is:
- Home address
- Email Address
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Health information
Purpose and Legal Basis for Processing Your Data
We take your privacy seriously and we will never sell or rent your personal data to any third-party. Sharing of your data and direct marketing activities are only carried out with your express consent, which you are free to withdraw at any time.
We need to obtain and process your personal data to provide you with our products, services and treatments and to fulfill our business and legal obligations. We will never collect any personal information from you that we do not need or retain any data that is no longer necessary for the purposes specified in this notice.
Who is processing my data?
You are the data controller and process your clients personal information for the purposes laid out in this notice. Consult with Confidence, acts as data processor on behalf of you and have access to personal information only in cases that customer support or troubleshooting is required by you.
Your clients personal data is processed to:
- Collect specific personal data (name, address, email, contact number, DOB) that is required to enter into a contract to sell a product or service.
- Engage in communication with you including confirmation and reminders of appointments, and requests to cancel or change bookings.
- Collect Health information to perform the agreed services appropriately, and potentially highlight areas that products and services may cause issues to clients because of their health.
- Ensure a safe service and provide industry standard advice.
- Select relevant offers, promotions and information for you.
- Estimate the number of customers we have.
- Hold personal data that is required by law or to respond to legal process.
- Hold for insurance purposes.
- Store customer records.
Your clients rights individuals
Your clients hold particular rights over the data you process.
Where they have provided consent for you to contact them as part of our marketing services, they have the right to modify or withdraw their consent at any time.
They also have the right:
- To be informed of how their personal data will be used before it is collected.
- To access their personal data personal data and to information on how their information is used after it has been gathered.
- To have their personal data corrected if it is incomplete, inaccurate or out-of-date.
- To request the removal or deletion of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
- To restrict processing, to ‘block’ processing of their personal data.
- To data portability, having their data moved, copied or transferred from your organisation to another organisation in an easily readable format.
- To object to direct marketing from you.
Special categories of personal data collected
Health questions are asked in many of our consent forms to potentially highlight treatments that may have a negative effect on your clients health due to medication they are taking or a condition they have. You must ask for consent prior to gathering and processing this information. At any time after giving consent, they can withdraw their consent, subject to legal, insurance and contractual restrictions.
Process of collection
Your client personal data is collected when you provide it to us through the Consult with Confidence Portal, our website, in writing or any other means by which you provide it to us. Information is stored using the Consult with Confidence platform as well as some level of paper record keeping.
You cannot collect the personal data of children under the age of 16 without parental or guardian consent.
Your client personal data is shared only with Consult with Confidence representatives in cases that customer support and troubleshooting is required. You must not share your client personal information with any third-party without their prior consent.
Use of Data Processors
Data processors are third parties who provide some elements of our business services for us. Where we use a third-party, we have strict agreements in place governing the processing of your client personal data, on which no action can be taken without instruction from us. The third-parties with whom we work will never share or disclose your personal information and will hold it securely at all times.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
We will retain your client personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with our services as our client. You are required under tax laws to keep your client personal data for a minimum of 7 years. Health and Safety records will be retained for 10 years and where we have your consent for marketing purposes, we will retain the minimum required data until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive such information.
The criteria for which we would continue to process your client personal information includes:
- Where there is a legal basis, obligation or legitimate interest to continuing processing your personal information
- Where processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
Transfers of personal information
When your client personal data is processed through Consult with Confidence, all of it is held within the EU. All information is processed by Consult with Confidence and stored in the Amazon Web Services cloud. During this process your data is encrypted in transit and at rest.
Safeguarding your Personal Data
Appropriate measures are taken to protect your client personal data from access from unauthorized persons or inappropriate access, internal or external. Your connection to Consult with Confidence uses a HTTP Secure communication protocol and TLS security. This means all information passed to Consult with Confidence is encrypted during data input and transfer to the cloud. Your employees are only assigned specific access rights and can only access Consult with Confidence through login details created for them through the Consult with Confidence portal.
In the occurrence that you want to make a complaint about how your client personal data was gathered, how it is being processed by Consult with Confidence or you are not satisfied about how a complaint has been handled, you retain the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority.
Information Commissioners Office - https://ico.org.uk - Tel: 0303 123 1113 - Wycliffe House, Water Ln, Wilmslow SK9 5AF
Consult with Confidence is registered with the Information Commission Office under the Data Protection Regulations, Registration Number: ZA303446